Monday, December 1, 2008

Happy Holidays!

Well, it is officially December and all of the money in the world is still dried up. And it's five months since my big surprise. At least for now I am done with chemo and I am just taking my daily oral medication. I have a message in to Dr. Schultz because my cough hasn't gone away for four weeks. I am eating well, (watch me eat a meal and prove it to yourself) and sleeping well but I still can't get up in the morning and get to the fitness center.

I have joined many of you by signing up for Facebook to receive Jeni's photos. This is a big step for me since I have never joined a social networking site before. What are the advantages and what are the security concerns?

It is December eighth and I am now 71 years old for sure. Getting older is not better, but as long as I am hanging around with Carolyn I am willing to put up with it. She has had to pick up some more of the workload around here where I might have dropped it recently and she has made no complaints. One of these days when my excuses start sounding lame, I will have to take back some of it.

Oh, well, I am sending this missive off to you, one and all; I will check in again after my appointment with Dr. Schultz next Monday, Dec 15.

Love from,

Dad, Gran'pa, brother, uncle

Mike

3 comments:

rosemary,joe said...

Mike,
Happy Birthday.After talking to you the other day,you sounded great,except for that nagging cough.We hope the medicine does the job for you.We were sorry to hear about Carolyn and the ladder
having a fight.The ladder seems to have a good punch.I'll be serious now,Carolyn how is your eye.We hope it is getting better.
how our you doing Mike?It will be fun to get together on Wednesday
to go out and eat and play cards.
Here's hoping I get throughthis time.

Love,
Rosemary&Joe

Patty Shadof said...

Hey Uncle Mike,
Happy Birthday. Glad you are doing good. Looking forward to seeing you all on the 20th. Let's hope we don't get any snowstorms to prevent everyone from coming. We already have been hit with over 15 inches of snow this season. Harley is getting plenty of "quality time" with his tractor. And we both are enjoying the daily use of the fireplace to snuggle up next to.
Try to behave yourself and stay warm.
Love ya,
Patty & Harley

Brian said...

Uncle Mike,
Happy Birthday! It's good to hear you're doing good. We're keeping tabs thanks to your blog here. We can't wait to see evreybody on the 20th. We're really looking forward to it. It was great that you guys were able to come down for the wedding in the spring. Sarah and I send out love and prayers.
Love,
Brian & Sarah